Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Is Not Asking for Password; Windows Login Display Ghost Email Message for Outlook

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DesignerMind

DesignerMind

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:23 PM

Alright, here are the facts:

1. When I start up my machine, the windows login screen tells me that I have (1) message in my Outlook 2007 - I have it set up through google.com, so my Outlook address is a gmail.com address. Yet when I open my Outlook, I don't see anything. Some messages come through, every time I restart, the screen tells me I have a message in there.

2. I had the Outlook 2007 set where when I open it up it asks for a password, and when I send something out, it asks for a password. All of a sudden, it doesn't do this anymore, no matter how many times I restart the computer, or close and open Outlook. I even attempted to use the repair feature in Outlook, but it worked to no avail. What is going on? My business depends on me being to secure my email accounts, and receive important emails - I can't afford to miss a really important one.

3. I also have this software called ComboFix that I've been hearing about which is supposed to be really good, but I didn't run it because I don't have anyone to guide me through any of the results, plus I heard it could possibly mess up my machine. I would like to run it if it will cure my machine and make my life easier.

**My machine is Windows XP.... Please can someone help me? It is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:14 AM

I do not use Outlook so I cannot help you
I just want to say if you use Combofix, you are playing with fire
You might end up haveing more than a missing important message to worry about

It is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for general public or personal use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 DesignerMind

DesignerMind
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:11 PM

Garamanma:

Thanks for the reply about Outlook, and I've found a slight remedy for this. As for ComboFix, I just ran it last night on a friend's machine, and all is well. I am aware of "1/100 may take a fall on the OS restart deal," so I will only use it as a "last resort." Thanks for replying to me. Also, if you have any knowledge you can throw my way in terms of learning more about viral/malware disinfection, please educate me... I am very thirsty for knowledge. Thanks again, man. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users