Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TO SAY HELLO

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kcsummer

kcsummer

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:23 AM

:thumbsup: Hey, my name is Anne sortof (really) and I found my way here because I saw something suspicious on my activity monitor and when I typed in what the name of it was/is to see what the heck it is for sure before I delete it, I found that it is a not very nice thing. It stands out like a sore thumb because I have an Intel-based Mac and this is labeled for a Power PC, so I am on my way now to erase it. BTW, the name of the not very nice thing is cnql1213.dnl which I see is a spybot. Don't know if it works as it is intended or not but it was taking up a lot of energy.

Anyway, Hi. :flowers:

BTW, I am not sure if this is in the appropriate place so if not, please forgive my faux pas?

Edited by kcsummer, 17 October 2009 - 10:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:28 AM

Welcome to BC!
Don't hesitate to ask for help getting rid of the malware in the Am I Infected? Forum ; sometimes---well more often than not---getting rid of it is a lot harder than getting it.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:17 PM

Thanks John for the warm welcome. I've told my friends about this site which I've found very helpful and will keep it for future needs, etc. I'm really impressed with how helpful everyone is and how friendly, not like most sites I've come across. Everyone is really helpful and courteous, what else could a girl ask for?

I left a detailed reply to whats happened in the Mac help section. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users