Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Windows Dead? Two Blue Screens Of Death

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mulsiphix

Mulsiphix

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:23 AM

The Problem
I am using Windows XP Pro SP3. Last night I did quite a few things. I removed a couple of trojan virii, ran three adware scanners, installed 19 windows updates, and then rebooted. As soon as the Windows loading screen comes up it triggers a BS with no information about any particular files. When I attempt to login to safe mode I receive a different BS which says something about a page_fault.

The Errors
Booting Into Windows
STOP: 0x0000007E (0x80000003, 0x805C49B8, 0xB84C7338, 0xB84C7034)

Booting Into Safe Mode
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (at top of screen)
STOP:0x00000050 (0xC81C48CC, 0x00000001, 0x80537009, 0x00000000)

What I've Tried So Far
Today I removed my CPU, three sticks of RAM, and Video Card and ran them through stress tests on a second computer. All passed with flying colors after 8 straight hours of stress testing with ATI Tool, Memsys 86+, and Orthos. I went into the BIOS of the troubled computer and tried fail safe defaults, optimized defaults, and disabling everything on the motherboard except the SATA stuff (HD is SATA). Both BS errors remained no matter the configuration.

My Thoughts & Request For Suggestions
I just don't have the time for a fresh install as my last one took three weeks to complete from backing up files to the final OS tweaks. I'm not quite sure how to proceed. I've had this OS running smooth for two years without a single hiccup and now this. Since I can't get into Safe Mode I cannot uninstall the Windows Updates or run additional software to look for registry corruption or other goodness like that. I'm so busy right now I just don't have the time for a fresh install. Do you guys have any suggestions on further steps I may take to save this OS?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:03 PM

I am no expert on this but if you look at
“Cannot start my windows XP.., Windows XP SP2, Dell Insprion E1505 laptop Iintel Pentium dual core”post by Andrew Choe,
you will see that he had a similar problem.I noticed that the first part of your stop messages are the same, STOP: 0x0000007E (0x80000003, Also my Son had the same problem on Thursday. My son followed the suggestion posted by Trillogy on post #19 of Andrews topic. He was able to recover in about an hour and a half.
I wonder if this is some how related to the MS update last Tuesday.
I wish you luck recovering. I do not have the expertise to advise. Hopefully one of the skilled advisers on this site will pick up your thread soon.
Best regards
Nawtheasta

Edited by Nawtheasta, 17 October 2009 - 02:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users