Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lap top wont boot up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 clay ford

clay ford

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:12 AM

i have an averatech laptop it is windows home edition when i turn it on the screen is extremely dim it goes to this one screen you have to look at it very hard to see what it says it says the startup process failed this may have been caused by a hard ware change if the computer stopped respondin and restarted shut down to protect files then it says startup using last known good method or select startup normally it gives me about 5 different choices to startup they all do the same thing it goes to the loading screen then it goes to another screen for a split second but i dont have enough time to squint at it before it restarts it kind of fades away what does this mean?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 clay ford

clay ford
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:44 PM

nobody knows? :thumbsup:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:25 AM

Do you have a Microsoft XP install CD? Recovery/restore CD?

Manufacturer and model of computer?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users