Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NeonJediKnight

NeonJediKnight

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:06 AM

Hi everyone. As being a frequent guest to this forum I decided to finally join.

I can tell you that my sanity has been tested enough with spyware, malware and all other junk getting in my computer. The worst experience I have ever had with malware was CoolWebSearch infecting my last comp(a cat knocking the tower off my desk one too many times and causing the drive to experience head crashes didn't help matters either). I wish I knew the creator(s) and distributor(s) of it and if they were're ever brought to justice. I feel sorry for anyone else that got infected with it. Hopefully CoolWeb isn't still floating around out there. That malware wreaked all kind of havoc. Browser redierects, unwanted BHOs, you name it. I'm not too certain, but I think I may have registered to the forum, it could've been the SpywareWarrior forum (could've in the past under a different name(maybe an admin could've retrieved the password for me. but I've switched ISPs since then and forgot my old email addy) and posted hijackthis logs and a recommendendation to use CWShredder. I'm not sure I ever got completely rid of it. At least I gained some use of that machine. That comp is long gone now. I did save the mobo, and hopefully it's salvagable to possibly use in another case. I did make sure to destroy the drive's platter the best I could, by first bending it, then scratching the H E Double L out of it with a screwdriver, exposing it to a magnet and finally cutting it up with tinsnips hopefully making any sensitive data nigh impossible to retrieve before it got buried in a landfill.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:40 AM

Hello NeonJediKnight,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, it's good to see you here.

If your unsure how this board works, please have a look in the New User Orientation forum.

There is also some most useful information in the Tutorials. :thumbsup:

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:39 AM

Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 NeonJediKnight

NeonJediKnight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:06 AM

A belated thanks for making me feel welcome here.

So far I haven't been back for any help or posted anything at all wether about help or not since I joined. But still, if I hadn't mentioned it already at least joined to be at least an occasional poster. If I didn't belong to a dozen other forums I would post more often in those, it's hard to devote yourself to just one or two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users