Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading my old Dell

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NumaTakeda

NumaTakeda

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 30 July 2005 - 04:52 PM

Hello, I am wanting to use the same tower/HD/Floppy Drive/Power supply/CD-rom from my old dell P2.

I want to replace it with an Asus MB and Processor.

So far the only problem I have seen is that the Dell MB isn't connected to the tower via screws, but via some sort of wire clip thing.

I was wondering if there is any specific way to take these out and still put in my Asus MB? Any help is appreciated tons, thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:26 PM

um, I believe dell has all of their parts a different size so you have to either buy stuff from them for a high price, or you can't do anything about it. At least thats how it is on my dell, which is why I'm just buying custom parts in thext month or two. I don't know about how to put components together so good luck with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users