Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Police Pro - pump.exe RUINING ME!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CorruptEnzo

CorruptEnzo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

Okay, so Windows Police Pro(WPP) has been a problem for about 6 months. I would just let it come up, delete it, end the process, ect. Today WPP came up and I said to myself "Here we go again..." So I closed it repeadtly and I got tired of it... So I went into my Program Files foldier, Found it, and deleted everything inside of it. It stopped popping up. Then I tried to open iTunes, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Malewarbytes, and EVERYTHING didn't work. I noticed pump.exe came up in a prompt box and closed really quickly. So I searched pump.exe, found it and deleted it. Restarted my computer and now I still cant open anything and it always sais "Choose the program you want to use to open this file:" So Im just like... Damnit..

I can't open anything, Im lucky I got internet explorer to open. Win32kDiag doesn't open, Malewarebtyes, Spybot Search & destroy..

Luckily, I went into my Recycle Bin and Restored pump.exe and the other file with pump.exe and It fixed the "Chose the program..." issue, but now I still have black prompt boxes opening when I try to open ANYTHING!

Someone please help me... I really don't know what to do... I really need help... Thanks a lot guys.. Hope to hear a response soon.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:09 PM

Windows Police Pro is a major virus. Check this page out: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...dows-police-pro. It will help you kill it.

#3 CorruptEnzo

CorruptEnzo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

Wow.. I love you so much Stein.... This F**ked up my computer for over 3 hours... I did this simple process and its fixed!! 6 months of frustration resolved! Yay!! Woot bleepingcomputer.com!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users