Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shut down or Boot Problem???

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 domando1069

domando1069

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:54 AM

Hi
I have an Acer, Aspire 3050 laptop with vista. The trouble that I am having, is that when I power down by either pressing the power button, or by using the start, shutdown method, the system act's as if it went into hibernate mode. I have set the power mode option in the control panel to shut down when power button is pressed. I have also changed the option to do nothing when the power button is pressed, and it still shuts down as if it is going into hibernation when you press the power button.
Now when I try to reboot by pressing the power button, nothing happens. I have to make sure that the power adapter cable is unplugged, remove the battery for a few seconds, then reinstall the battery, plug the power cable in, and then press the power button and the system will start.
ANY TAKERS.
And a big thanks too all

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 domando1069

domando1069
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:43 PM

Update
I uninstalled Acers Empowering Technology software, and I can now shut the system down and start it up via the power button, with no problem, but I still have the same problem as above if I try to shut the system down using the start, shutdown method

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users