Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista, IE7 Betas Leak to Web

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:18 PM

By Nate Mook, BetaNews
July 28, 2005, 12:10 PM

Less than 24 hours after Microsoft announced the release of Windows Vista Beta 1 and Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1 to testers and MSDN subscribers, both betas have leaked to Internet sites and newsgroups along with a crack for Windows Product Activation, according to BetaNews sources.

Short article at BetaNews
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:22 PM

Ruddy figures, i was so happy to have access to an MSDN member.... should have been expected though.

Edited by efizzer, 30 July 2005 - 03:22 PM.

Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#3 SpArKyŽ

SpArKyŽ

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:08 PM

Oh, i think maybe the leak was on purpose though surely.

How might i download this new Inernet Explorer 7 i currently use mainly Firefox!
Posted Image

#4 g52ultra

g52ultra

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:59 AM

wouldn't rush or try too hard.

IE7 finally got tabbed browsing, and although it has a more pro look to it, i still prefer Firefox106. Too bad they can't let you put your hotlinks in the toolbar like Firefox, and give it the Opera 8 downloading features. IE7 is still behind the curve. Shoulda had a lot more for being a major revision- and they sure had plenty of time to work on it, too! Nice thing to see little guys out there giving MS something to think about, and they still couldn't get IE7 right!
Anybody know where John Titors's '66 Vette is (or was, or will be)?

#5 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:45 AM

This doesn't surprise me, I mean plenty of things have laked on to the internet in short amount of time. Like StarWars Episode 3, was already pirated and put on the web within an hour of the first playing of it.

You give someone something no one has, eventually every one will have it.
g52ultra: Hopefully IE8 will be better. :huh:

#6 g52ultra

g52ultra

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2005 - 03:57 PM

been playing with Ie7 beta still, on a Vista setup and an XP Pro setup transformed into a Vista clone. It's got a pretty good phishing utility that runs, in the form of a pop up, if it thinks somebody is trying to seek out your credentials (or lack thereof). Nice thing to have. IE7Beta seems to be a genuine attempt to get back security.

But so was IE6 update,

..as was IE6.

Come to think of it, did they say that about 5.5 also?

Firefox ain't as immune as it used to be, either. Spyware people even figured a way to launch a popup attack on a NASA scale using Firefox to launch an IE popup attack. Happened to me. Never seen so many browser windows open at one time in my life! I kinda question Firefoxs security anymore, considering that somebody hacked the Mozilla website about a month ago.

We all know that IE7 will become the most widely used browser of choice, for obvious reasons. Competition wont change that- it'd take a Justice Department decision to do it. The spammers and the spyware people will catch up, too. IE7 will be their new target, just for those reasons.

If there is one thing IE7 really has going for it right now, it's that the spyware people haven't caught up with it..

.. yet.
Anybody know where John Titors's '66 Vette is (or was, or will be)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users