Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Boot Loop Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Paradoxum

Paradoxum

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:33 AM

Hello. My computer has recently been experiencing a "boot loop". The normal interface shows up at about 5 seconds and then restarts again. I have tried Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration and Disable Automatic Restart On System Failure with no luck. However, the last option presented me with a blue screen, stating this error:

Check to make sure any new hardware of software is properly installed
Run the driver verifier against any new or suspect drivers.
If that doesn't reveal the corrupting driver, try enabling special pool both of these features are intended to catch the corruption at an earlier point where the offending driver can be identified

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer
If this screen appears again follow dz steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed
If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed software or hardware
Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing
If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer
Press F8 to select advanced start up options and then select safe mode

Technical Information
STOP: 0X000000C5, (0x00000005, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8054B4BB)

I am running Windows XP. This error appeared just yesterday after I have installed some game server. I cannot specify more information about my PC, like service packs installed and specifications if asked for I cannot remember any of them. It is understood that some of these information may be needed and I am apologetic for not being able to provide them. However, I will try what I can do to answer such information if needed to be disclosed. Thank you for your help. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:04 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Do you have a Microsoft XP install CD?

Look at the case for your system. Who is the manufacturer and what is the model?

Louis

#3 Paradoxum

Paradoxum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:25 AM

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, no. I do not have the CD with me. And this is a desktop computer, the CPU doesn't seem to show any marks or labels about the manufacturer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users