Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disks full ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BubikolRamios

BubikolRamios

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:46 AM

lvm> pvs -o+pv_used
  PV			 VG	 Fmt  Attr PSize	 PFree  Used
  /dev/sda2  VolGroup00 lvm2 a-   465.66G	0	 465.66G
  /dev/sdb1  VolGroup00 lvm2 a-   465.75G	0	 465.75G

Can anyone explain this ?
I mean, I know only about 60GB (7%) is used.

Edited by BubikolRamios, 16 October 2009 - 01:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:54 PM

I would say you partitioned your hard drive wrong (somehow.) I would suggest using gPartEd (http://gparted.sourceforge.net/) to delete the partition(s) you may have, have then re-make it (them.) I mean, get everything you need off first.

#3 maki2012

maki2012

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

Don't worry about it unless you are a perfectionist. I have the same exact problem. The way Linux installs (Ubuntu 9.04) somehow displays that your disks are full. There have been no problems what so ever for me concerning this slight glitch.

If you can't put anything else on your machine or you receive low disk errors, that is a different problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users