Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Aero Not Working

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 agentxavier

agentxavier

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:19 AM

Heres my problem. Randomly one day on my computer when try to play Team Fortress 2 my graphics started to go crazy and flash. The computer froze and i had to restart. I then restarted and the computer had to do a system backup to an earlier date. For some reason my Windows 7 Aero was not working it said there was an issue with the graphics driver. I am ok ill just save all my stuff and re-install Windows 7. I do a complete re-install and Use the latest Nvidia 186.81 for notebook drivers. Still says there is a problem in the Device Manager. I then try the drivers that came with my computer direct from Sager and I have same problem and I tried laptopvideo2go.com drivers same problem. Any help or advice on how to correct this issue would be really appreciated. I fear something bad happened to my graphics card...

Computer Configuration
Sager NP8660 (Built on Clevo M860TU)
- Battery: Smart Li-ion Battery (8-Cell)
- Sound Card: Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audi
- TV Tuner: None Standard
- Camera: Built in 2.0 Megapixel Camera
- Wireless Network Accessories: None Standard
- Wireless Network: Built-in Intel® PRO/Wireless 530
- Bluetooth: Internal Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR
- Memory Card Reader: Internal 7-in-1 Card Reader (MS/
- Primary Hard Drive: ~ 320GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 3
- Optical Drive: ~Combo 8x8x6x4x Dual Layer DVD +
- Ram: ~ 4,096MB DDR3 1066MHz Dual Chan
- Video Card: 512MB PCI-Express nVidia GeForce 9800M GT
- Processor: ~Intel® P9500 45nm "Montevina" C