Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio Device

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GATORSRULE1976

GATORSRULE1976

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:37 PM

I have a Dell Dimension E310. There have been no modifications, everything is factory. After a crash, we formatted and installed everything back with the original CD. Here is what is confusing...We can play games that we have downloaded and hear sound PERFECTLY fine, but as far as system sounds and websites like YouTube, there is NO sound whatsoever. I have checked the BIOS...everything correct. All drivers re-installed and updated. We would greatly appreciate the help, because this is making no sense to us! How can it play some sounds but not others when its showing no audio device? :thumbsup: THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Edited by GATORSRULE1976, 15 October 2009 - 11:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,873 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:34 AM

No audio device reflected in Device Manager...indicates that either the drivers are not installed...or your sound function is malfunctioning.

Have you gone through the XP sound troubleshooter?

Louis

#3 GATORSRULE1976

GATORSRULE1976
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:46 PM

I uninstalled the drivers, and re-installed them. i did go through the XP sound troubleshooter and it advised it didnt have a resolution. Everything thing that it suggested was all fine. If it says there is no device found, how can i still hear sounds on downloaded games?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,873 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:18 AM

Well...I would have to guess that an actual sound card would be my solution, since your onboard doesn't appear to working properly.

I'm assuming that you have already checked to see that the audio control mechanism does not have any sounds muted.

Louis

#5 GATORSRULE1976

GATORSRULE1976
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:07 PM

Yes, I have checked that as well. Also, I don't know if this would be of any use in helping find this problem or not, but there is no "speaker icon" in the taskbar as it used to be. I'm assume this is because it's saying there is no audio device? It's just not really making any sense, since I am getting SOME sound, but not all sound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users