Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firewall question

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kurupt

Kurupt

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

Alright had something that i dont think i've seen before,had windows firewall turn itself off.
I was running a Download Mananger from Fileplanet at the time,never had it do that before though and it didnt do it at first,and hasnt done it since.
Now i just reformated the computer yesterday,and havent went to any websites but here and a few other places(that i trust)
Im not using any other firewalls at the moment i know that can cause them to do that.
But here are a few log's from my security folder in Event Viewer(not sure if these are normal or not)

"An attempt was made to register a security event source.

Subject :
Security ID: SYSTEM
Account Name: T-PC$
Account Domain: WORKGROUP
Logon ID: 0x3e7

Process:
Process ID: 0xc04
Process Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\VSSVC.exe

Event Source:
Source Name: VSSAudit
Event Source ID: 0x913987"

"An attempt was made to unregister a security event source.

Subject

Process:
Process ID: 0xc04
Process Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\VSSVC.exe

Event Source:
Source Name: VSSAudit
Event Source ID: 0x913987"
"An account was successfully logged on.

Subject:

Logon Type: 5

New Logon:
Account Name: SYSTEM
Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY
Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Process Information:
Process ID: 0x294
Process Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\services.exe

Network Information:
Workstation Name:
Source Network Address: -
Source Port: -

Detailed Authentication Information:
Logon Process: Advapi
Authentication Package: Negotiate
Transited Services: -
Package Name (NTLM only): -
Key Length: 0

This event is generated when a logon session is created. It is generated on the computer that was accessed.

The subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The logon type field indicates the kind of logon that occurred. The most common types are 2 (interactive) and 3 (network).

The New Logon fields indicate the account for whom the new logon was created, i.e. the account that was logged on.

The network fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.
- Logon GUID is a unique identifier that can be used to correlate this event with a KDC event.
- Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.
- Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.
- Key length indicates the length of the generated session key. This will be 0 if no session key was requested."
"Special privileges assigned to new logon.

Subject:
Account Name: SYSTEM
Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY

Privileges: SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege
SeTcbPrivilege
SeSecurityPrivilege
SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege
SeLoadDriverPrivilege
SeBackupPrivilege
SeRestorePrivilege
SeDebugPrivilege
SeAuditPrivilege
SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege
SeImpersonatePrivilege"

The first two were right after the last two were about an hour later,are these normal and thank you.

edit- I just read that the last two are normal, but just looking for a second opinion

Edited by Kurupt, 15 October 2009 - 11:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users