Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backing up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RLee

RLee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 30 July 2005 - 01:47 PM

I just was given a PC, it has XP home on it. I used the installation CD and installed Windows backup program onto it. When I open up the backup program the only drive it shows that I have on the PC is drive A. I actually have a CD-RW drive which is D and a DVD player which is E. If I go into My Computer these drives do show up. Now if I put a blank CD in the CD-RW drive a message will come up and say that the drive is not accessible. I would like to back up some of my files onto a CD but I cannot for the reason explained. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:59 PM

Hi as well as the windows cd where you given the systems disk as well this is the one that comes with the mother board.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:08 PM

You can not burn (*.bkf) files to a cd.
You will have to use FAST
http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;306186

0 user(s) are reading this topic