Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to be able to find "local" concerts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:11 PM

I'm looking for a alert service that lets you know when different concerts are going to be in your area (my area is pretty broad VA, WV, NC, MD... I don't mind driving). If you happen to know of one please let me know (especially if they are Metal, mosh, thrash, or punk specific). i missed a Trivium show because i didn't know the other band and wasn't aware they were playing till after the show.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

Hi BlackSpyder
I use http://www.ticketmaster.com/

On the right see My Ticketmaster. Create an account. Then you can set alerts by a rage of topics. Band ,Event, Venue etc,,
They will email you Alerts.

I don't know if StubHub works by you
http://www.stubhub.com/concert-tickets/

I also have my name on local venue websites eg Beacon Theatre,NYC
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

thanks Boopme.

Posted Image

#4 Bassplayer15

Bassplayer15

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:55 PM

The online radio i use, Last.fm, recommends concerts near you based of what songs are in your library (all the songs that have ever been played on your account). I believed it also recommends artists similar to what is in your library.
Grace is given freely, but respect must be earned.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:05 AM

Hey,,, I forgot one
http://www.livenation.com/

You're welcome. :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:17 PM

yeah if i could use last.FM I'd be in great shape but streaming music over a dial up connection is a bad idea. (It still scrobbles my played files though)

Posted Image

#7 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:46 PM

Well if NC is in your range and you are into the Metal scene, you just missed metallica here on the 18th. Pretty good show.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users