Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sytem hangs while browsing web

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ArnPrdu

ArnPrdu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:03 PM

I am running XP sp2 and have developed an annoying little issue over the last week. My system hangs while I'm web browsing, but only on very specific web pages. For instance, I cannot visit ebay.com at all, or I'm stuck...

A second condition is that the web sites that seem to trigger the issue change by web browser. I have tried IE, FireFox, and Chrome, all with the latest updates. In IE, XP hangs on facebook and myspace. In Firefox, on wikipedia and youtube. Chrome hangs on myspace as well, and a few other sites.

Point of interest:
These are all sites I visit often and/or have bookmarked.

Next:
I've tried cleaning my cache, deleting bookmarks, and starting new user profiles on these browsers. No effect whatsoever.

Also:
I installed the Lunescape browser and tried flipping through the engines, and found that each engine retained their "own" sites that trigger the hang up. E.G., Gecko hangs on wikipedia, Trident hangs on facebook, etc.

I'm lost. Google searches have turned up nothing. Any help?

Edited by ArnPrdu, 15 October 2009 - 05:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 johnfrusciante

johnfrusciante

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:45 PM

Sounds like a weird one.. have you ran any spyware scans on it at all? Its weird that it woulkd affect so many different browsers, maybe try an sfc /scannow, or restart the computer in safe mode with networking (F8) and see if it does the same thing.

EDIT: Edit content~MG

Edited by garmanma, 15 October 2009 - 06:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users