Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

creating a blog withing a website built using nvu

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hrgpatrelli

hrgpatrelli

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:40 PM

Hi all,

i'm new to this game and i was wondering if anyone could help me understand and perhaps build a blog within an existing website.

Recently i got a website hosted by btconnect and have created the site using nvu and it wasn't any easy task doing that either. after some researc and advice from business experts alike i was informed that i need to incorporate a blog into the website to make it more attractive and besides its better to have your ownblog n your site. problem is that i am trying to work how to use wordpress as i have found out that it has many features that i can use as well.

i have filezilla, microsoft sql server 2005, apache friends and php 5 istalled on my computer, in addition to nvu. so if you could help me in creating a blog on my index page or perhaps a separate blog page altogether is fine.

many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:08 PM

I am not sure what 'business experts' you talked to, but a blog does not make a website more attractive. For what purpose do you intend to use the blog? Do you have something to talk about? Is it somehow going to support your website?

All you need to do to use Wordpress is install it on your server. Include a link on your main page. The Wordpress documentation is first rate, so you shouldn't have any problems installing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users