Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Atheros Wifi Ubuntu

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DVaD

DVaD

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:55 AM

Hi I have an Atheros AR928x and I have problems connecting to the internet constantly. Either I'll be connected then get disconnected or I wont be able to connect to a router in the first place. I figured I'd try to install up to date drivers on it, but not sure how to get a hold of them since the Atheros website is no help when it comes to linux (go figure).

Also, I've heard this wireless card is crap for linux and was wondering if anyone knew of a better one I could get. I've looked into the Dell 1510 and was wondering if anyone had any success with it in ubuntu Jaunty. The problem with getting a new wireless card is that I'm limited to a half size mini-PCI E Wifi Card since I have a netbook. I have the MSI Wind U123-004US.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:07 PM

Take a look at this thread.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1240781

Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~ tg

#3 DVaD

DVaD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:08 PM

thanks for the try, but that actually didn't do anything, but make it so i can't even see my wifi card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users