Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 UCFKNIGHTJ

UCFKNIGHTJ

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:41 AM

Anybody have any suggestions? This is really weird, it was working fine the other day. Now every time I restart the computer is really slow and I can't pull up Internet explorer or update Malware bytes. Whenever I do a scan in safe mode to check for malware the computer finds nothing. When I try to pull up Internet Explorer my computer freezes. When I do a registry check with Ccleaner no problems are found. Does anybody have any idea what is going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:00 PM

Which version of IE do you have?

If you have version 7 or 8 : Right-click on the desktop IE icon and select Start without addons
If IE starts, one of your IE addons is malfunctioning. Open IE > Tools > IE Options Select Programs Tab and click on Manage Addons. Disable first third party(non-microsoft) addon that you see there. Then start IE in normal mode and check of IE starts. Do this for all addons to find faulty addons.

#3 UCFKNIGHTJ

UCFKNIGHTJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:10 PM

I'm not sure what version of IE explorer I have but that option does not exist. I previously had mozilla downloaded and when my computer started running slow I deleted it. When I clicked on IE explorer to reinstall mozilla it started freezing. I was having this same problem with websites I looked at on mozilla, so I think something is wrong with my computer. My virus scans are not finding any malware though. Is there something wrong with my fan?

#4 UCFKNIGHTJ

UCFKNIGHTJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:52 PM

does anybody have any idea?

#5 UCFKNIGHTJ

UCFKNIGHTJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

Somebody told me I might have a rootkit infection that my virus scanners are not picking up and suggested using combofix. He told me not to use it without the help of a Tech. Is there anybody that can walk me through this process?

Edited by The weatherman, 15 October 2009 - 05:03 PM.
Moved from XP to a more appropriate forum. Tw

#6 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users