Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New to site/total computer novice!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ric43224

Ric43224

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:12 AM

Hi to all.. I am from Columbus Ohio (hence Ric 43224). I am an assistant administrator for the Ross Heart Hospital where I manage the diagnostic services area. I manage 48 staff providing Peripheral vascular, echocardiography, MR, CT, Nuclear Cardiac testing, arrythmia testing, and EKG services. While I use my computer effectively in my role I want am a total novice when it comes to diagnosing and repairing issues. I want to broaden my understanding and if nothing else grow to a better understanding of the functionality and navigation of computers. I have spent multiple hours trying to diagnose/fix issues on my own and welcome the opportunity to be directed, mentored, etc. in my quest to develop my skill sets.

Thanks to all and I hope in my quest to learn I also am able to develop some friendships and resources for help.

I am anxious to learn since I have devoted countless hours trying to trouble shoot on my own.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:20 PM

Welcome to BC!
You will find a lot of very good information by reading the Tutorials; more specific topics can be found in the forums where you can also post questions or seek help from other members who may have experience and expertise in the area with which you need help.
I think you will find the members here very friendly and more than willing to help without using a lot of argot and jargon.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users