Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access to Internet randomly cuts off after accessing the web., A problem with the Internet?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kaisaki

Kaisaki

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:53 AM

Well...I'm using the Window Vista Home Professional Edition so I don't know if that has to do with anything but for some reason, after I surf the web for a certain amount of time (or when I change websites quickly), either firefox loses connection to the internet or the computer itself loses connection to the internet. When switching back to IE and surfing the web for a while, the computer itself seems to not send any signal to the internet. I can access AIM but when trying to go online to play a game or surf the web, I can't access it.
The only way to solve this problem is that I restart the computer. Though when the computer seems to not be able to connect to the internet, it takes the computer an awfully long time to restart (including logging off and what not) - 2+ minutes.

I have also constantly scanned the computer using AVG,Avast, or the Windows Security scan thingy. This also includes defragging the computer and checking the disk (scan for and recovery of bad sectors).

I have posted this before in the infected area and since I have checked the infected area (in which the person led me here), I was hoping if there is someone who could solve this.

Thank you and any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users