Jump to content
Posted 30 July 2005 - 10:09 AM
Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:10 PM
Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:15 AM
Here the thing I can't even get to the start. Windows will not run at all. I've been picking at my brain all day long and so far no luck. I don't care to keep the compaq programs. I just need to get this computer up and running so my son could get off mine....Thanks
Follow this procedure.
1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Notepad.
2. On the File menu, click Open.
3. In the File name box, type c:\windows\system.ini, and then click Open.
4. Click Search, and then click Find.
5. In the Find what box, type shell=, and then click Find Next.
6. Type a semi-colon (;) at the beginning of the Shell= line, and then create a new line.
7. On the new line, type shell=explorer.exe, click Save on the File menu.
8. Restart your computer. Click No if you receive the following prompt:
Your system shell has changed. The Compaq software will work with your new shell, but the new shell will not work with your Compaq software. Do you want to keep your Compaq software working?
Posted 31 July 2005 - 10:11 AM
Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:06 PM
Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:50 PM
Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:05 PM
Posted 31 July 2005 - 05:14 PM
Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:55 PM
Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:54 PM
Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:46 AM
Edited by River_Rat, 04 August 2005 - 09:07 AM.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users