is a known adware site that adds cookies
to track your personal information and browsing habits as you surf the web. Although it is used by some websites as part of their advertising, it is often blocked by various security tools/programs.
Please download hosts.zip
and save it to your Desktop.Be sure to read and print out these Install Instructions with screenshots for the MVPS HOSTS File if you need them.
Note: You may have to overwrite the hosts file in "Safe Mode" if you get "an access denied message" when trying to do it in normal mode.
- Extract (unzip) the file to its own folder C:\hosts. (click here if you're not sure how to do this. Vista users refer to these instructions.)
- Open up the hosts folder and double-click on the mvps.bat file to run the script.
- When running the mvps.bat file you may see a DOS window indicating the Previous version was saved and renamed...Press any key to continue...
- Press any key and the DOS windows will close.
- The script will rename your present HOSTS file to HOSTS.MVP and copy the new HOSTS file to the correct location on your system.
- If any installed security programs provide an alert about changes to the HOSTS file, allow the change.
- You can read more about what we are doing in Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File.
- Vista users be sure to read Updating the HOSTS file in Windows Vista.
Please download TFC
by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.alternate download link
- Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
- Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
- Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
- Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.
Ad.yieldmanager.com should not be included in your "Trusted Sites List
". Check this list and look for Ad.yieldmanager and unwanted websites related to the pop ups you are getting. If you find any, then remove them.
- Launch Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Internet Options and select the Security tab.
- Click the Trusted sites icon and select the Sites... button.
- A window will open with the Trusted sites...allowing you to add or remove entries.
- Remove the Ad.yieldmanager entry(s) from this area if it exists.
- Click Ok, Apply, and Ok again to exit.
Then download and install SpywareBlaster
. Click on Updates, then the Check for updates
button. If any are found, download them all and click Enable Protection for All Unprotected items