Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

restoring d drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 greggpally

greggpally

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:47 PM

I did a system restore and backed up my files on the d drive. How do I get those files?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trillogy

Trillogy

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:30 PM

Hi greggpally,

I assume you have partitioned your hard drive into "C" and "D" drives. If this is the case, then when you do a restore of your files make sure the drive letter is "D" plus the file name for your files.

If you simply want to look at them, there are a couple of ways to do that. The one I use most is to simply right click on the start button, then click explore. That will bring up a tree and you can access the "D" drive there.

#3 greggpally

greggpally
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:41 AM

Thanks Trillogy,
I really appreciate it. I got everything back to normal now.

#4 Trillogy

Trillogy

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:10 AM

I'm glad things worked out for you. Take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users