Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can not uninstall NOD32 Antvirus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stockkwan

stockkwan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:27 PM

I run ComboFix program to clean up my notebook without uninstalling NOD32. After rebooting the notebook, the NOD32 was damaged. I tried to uninstall it, but it did not work. It said some of the NOD32 files were being used by other applications. I could not find out what applications were using those files.
Please help.

Thank you very much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pilate

Pilate

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:46 AM

How do I manually uninstall my ESET security product.

OS: Windows XP with all updates; Office Suite: LibreOffice

FW: Online Armor Free; AV: Avira Free, ESET Online Scanner

AS: MBAM Free

Browser: Firefox with NoScript, AdBlockPlus, CookieMonster, BetterPrivacy,

Backup Software: ERUNT, Cobian Backup

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:43 AM

I run ComboFix program to clean up my notebook

Please note the message text in blue at the top of the Am I infected? What do I do? forum.

You should not be using Combofix unless instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for general public or personal use. Combofix was never meant to be used as a general purpose malware scanner like SuperAntispyware or Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. That's the decision by the creator and we will abide by that decision.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users