Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creative Inspire GD580

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mek87

mek87

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:48 PM

Wasn't sure if this belonged here or in external hardware, so I just put it here. I have a Creative Inspire GD580 speaker system. In Windows XP everything worked fine. All 5 of my speakers made sound wwith the DTS working great. I just put Win7 on my machine now and only the front 2 speakers are playing anything. I have my system hooked into my computer by an optical cable. I've tried things on Creative's site, downloading the newest drivers and codecs for my sound card, and nothing works. I have a Realtek sound card. I downloaded the latest Realtek software and everything, all to no avail. Help please!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Onsteroids

Onsteroids

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:26 AM

That's nothing to do with speakers... Speakers only output what they get. And they get stereo input because your onboard audio needs to be properly installed and setup under Windows 7. Maybe this particular codec does not work under Windows 7 or you did not set it up for surround?

#3 _Allan_

_Allan_

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Location:http://Universe/Sol/Terra/North_America/Canada/Ontario/Toronto.city
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:47 AM

if it's a RealTek on the toolbar, you'll see an orange speaker, double click it and mess with the settings till you get it right. That's the best I can suggest.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users