Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS XP ISSUE

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jsesere

jsesere

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

When I try to respond to a ads on Craigslist etc. XP opens 50-60 pages of page not found. We tried to go to internet options, tools, etc but the only choices were Outlook and Hotmail and no way to type in our choice which is YAHOO mail. What are we doing wrong? We were able to choose YAHOO when we set up the computer when we bought it. We also tried to reset the default in internet options. Can someone walk me through this keeping in mind I'm an idiot with computers
14 hours ago - 3 days left to answer.
Additional Details

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

14 hours ago - 3 days left to answer.

What does that mean?

#3 jsesere

jsesere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:51 PM

What does what mean?

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:53 PM

Huh? That is what I was asking you about the part of your post that I quoted

#5 jsesere

jsesere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:06 PM

I didn't understand the question you were asking. It was at the bottom of my text when I posted it. I thought maybe it was part of this forum's particulars. I am a first time user. Sorry about that. Can you help me with this issue. Someone else suggested loading Yahoo Mess version 9 to the clear the issue but all that did was to open a Windows Live log in page. When I logged in at Window Live it said I needed a Hotmail mail account. I don't want to use Hotmail I want to use Yahoo.

#6 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:21 PM

That is really strange that the text I quoted just appeared in your post without you typing it, I have never seen that happen before.

I am sorry, but I have no idea how to solve the problem you are having. The available email programs should just appear in the drop down list where you are trying to change it from and you would just select the one you want to use. Since Yahoo, as far as I know, is not an actual email program, but rather webbased email, I do not know how you would get it in there. There must be a way though, and someone will probably be a long soon with some ideas.

Btw, welcome to BleepingComputer

Edited by Stang777, 14 October 2009 - 07:21 PM.

#7 jsesere

jsesere
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

Thank you.

#8 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help