Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Widows XP won't restart...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 vallee45

vallee45

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:39 PM

My computer was infected with SKYNET. After following the instructions to wipe out SKYNET, I ran a final Malwarebytes scan repeatedly, restarting after each scan. Each time. the scan came out clean. The computer seemed to be working fine. Then, this morning I did a Windows Update. There were several installations suggested that I install. After downloading them and restarting my computer, I got a screen stating that Windows could not be restarted due to the fact that a thread tried to release a resource that it did not own. I tried to restart again and was told to check for any new hardware or software that may be improperly installed. Then told to ask hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates I might need.

I shut the computer down, then tried to start in safe mode. Windows tried to restart, but then the same notification that came up before, came up again. I am at a loss as what to do now. I can't do anything either in regular mode or safe mode. Where do I go from here? After dwelling on this all day, I'm wondering if I should have uninstalled all the previous scans that I had downloaded to remove the unwanted SKYNET trojan/virus before running the Windows Update. Being computer illiterate, I'm thinking I shouldn't have tried to do anything at all, but take the computer in and have it repaired. I really thought I could, with the help I received here, fix this issue. Did I trash my computer? :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:01 PM

No! you have help here vallee45, please take the time to look at your topics. :huh:

Edited by The weatherman, 14 October 2009 - 05:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users