Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Removal help: nmdfgds1.dll (and maybe others)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jamexcel

jamexcel

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

Hello! I am trying to remove some virus(es) from my computer.

Background: I recently started attending a large university here in Spain, and after doing a powerpoint presentation on the classroom computer, without thinking I reinserted it into my home computer. Doh. Well, I get by with only using WinPatrol bill Bill P Studios (http://www.winpatrol.com/) ... and I do not have any other virus protection. In general this works perfectly... but after my presentation I was tired and I said 'ok' when the winpatrol asked me if I wanted to install the virus... oops.

Facts: I cannot see my hidden files. That was the first tip off. So I went to look at all my hidden files via Bill P's WinPatrol, and I simply removed the ones listed below. This stopped the annoying-automatic-attempts to install other malware, but I am guessing that some regEdits were executed, etc... I do not know enough (and there seems to be many different viruses on my PC) to figure this out on my own. Another thing, Today I updated my OS via Windows Automatic Update, and the 'windows virus checker' (I forget the name of their malware removal tool) found one... which I did not write down and I am not sure how to 'look that up'. So after all of these years of being virus free, I let one get by and now I have an onslaught!

___

Well, I took a quick look (not at all extensive) and immediately noticed this one:

_nmdfgds1.dll (Path: C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32NMDFGDS1.DLL)

This is what I removed last week:

_herss.exe (Path: C:Documents and SettingsrfsiLocal SettingsTempherss.exe)

_ahnrpta.exe (Path: C:WINDOWSAhnRpta.exe)

_olhrwef.exe (Path: C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32OLHRWEF.EXE)

_ahndoor0.dll
(Path: C:WINDOWSsystem32ahndoor0.dll)

Things I removed without being sure they were a virus:

_yudald.bat (Path: C:YUDALD.BAT)

_cdplayer.exe (Path: C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32CDPLAYER.EXE)

_ and I am pretty sureI removed a hidden file that was something like AUDIO SYS or something (apparently it could have been 'safe' but it was not a problem to remove it, according to Bill P Studios; thus I removed it.

Anyway, after looking on the web, I found this site, and figured I'd give it a go! So I hope I've been clear. Now what? BTW, I have a 2 final presentation due this week! Thus I will not be online too often before next week. If I do not respond right away it is not because I am not appreciative or a sign that the problem has been fixed. I posted today because I am not sure how long the response time takes...

Thanks again!
Jamexcel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:28 PM

Moved from XP to a more appropriate forum. Tw

#3 jamexcel

jamexcel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:04 AM

Hello! So what do I do if no one has responded. Is it really that dangerous to run Combofix without supervision? I would really like to see my hidden files again!

Thanks,
Roberto

Edited by jamexcel, 07 December 2009 - 06:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users