Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop too slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cristian_ot

cristian_ot

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:45 PM

Hy all. :huh:
I have an laptop toshiba satellite t1600 ,1,66Ghz, 1GB RAM,vista home premium,32-bit OS.
The problem is that it takes ages to start and shut down.
I took a look in the event viewer and there are only errors,warnings and critical messages.
Anybody knows how to get ride of this errors?
Any help will be appreciated.By the way,I recently updated windows and instaled sp2.I thought that will be helpful,but is still slow.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:31 AM

Look at START RUN msconfig.exe STARTUP to see what you have starting up and reduce them to as few as possible.
Suggest you try this site to determine what services you really need - select the OS version and Service Pack that applies to your PC:
http://www.blackviper.com/
Make sure you follow the advice to use START RUN Services.msc to change any services.
Depending on what programs you are running you may need more than 1GB RAM.
Run Disk Cleanup and remove old System Restore points which take up a lot of space and slow the PC down:
To clear old System Restore sets - Log in as Administrator, Open COMPUTER, Right click on C: Drive, Select PROPERTIES, Hit DISK CLEANUP and let it do its work. When the results come back Select the MORE OPTIONS tab at the top and then hit CLEAN UP under the System Restore and Shadow Copies heading. Then keep selecting Delete and OK until it has cleaned everything up. You should then Defragment your C: Drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users