Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something spreading through the network

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fpsa_ahmed

fpsa_ahmed

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:38 AM

Hi Guys,

I have something that is spreading aroun the network. There are no popups or signs of spyware/malware. All what is happening is Windows firewall keeps on asking if some wierd programs can access the internet. The other thing is that Task Manager is ghost. The network computers are all Windows XP SP3. Please let me know how I should start to clean out this problem.

I ran MBAM on one of the computers but it didn't come up with anything.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:01 AM

Can you give a little more insight as to what weird program is popping Windows Firewall messages?

What other weird anomolies are happening to give you the thought that "something is spreading about the network"?

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 fpsa_ahmed

fpsa_ahmed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:53 AM

Hi techextreme,

1) When you right click on the taskbar "Task Manager" is ghost on almost all the computers. It went away one computer at a time this morning.
2) Windows Firewall is giving a "Security Alert Notice" every half hour or so, the latest one is "winiojxpp.exe" is tryin to access the internet.

Thank you for your help!

#4 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:03 AM

You might want to try submitting that file through one of these sites for testing against multiple antivirus programs.

VirusTotal Home Site
http://www.virustotal.com/

Jotti's Malware Scan
http://virusscan.jotti.org/en

One of these might come up with something other than what your installed Antivirus has. If you get a hit, I would recommend posting the results in the "Am I infected" forum for further help.

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users