Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Boot Up...Black Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zippie1jets

Zippie1jets

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:12 AM

I have an ASUS U81A Notebook that was bought in August. I'm running Windows Vista (I believe 64 bit). It had been working perfectly all day. After I tried to get the computer to start up again, it showed the Asus logo like normal, then all I got was a black/blueish screen with the small grey blinking line in the top left. Then the blinking line disappears and I get nothing. It doesn't show any sign of progress and don't hear the computer running or attempting to anything at all. The fan was on for a bit but is now off. The thing is, the computer has the splashtop Express Gate bootup which works fine (how I'm online at the moment). But whenever I click "Switch to OS" or try booting it up it normally it goes to the Asus screen then black.

Thanks for the help! Sorry if anything about this post was not formatted correctly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trollocks

trollocks

• Members
  • 369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:34 AM

From my own personal experiences i would take it back as soon as possible and get them to either fix it or replace it.I waited too long to take mine back and they (PC WORLD) refused to do anything because software problems are not covered by warranty after 30 days.My pc is COMPAQ so i do not know about ASUS repair/replace policy.I am still stuck with a piece of crap that doesnt start on occasions and is getting worse.Hope you dont suffer the same fate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users