Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet connection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 acidburned

acidburned

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:12 AM

when i restart win 7 i have to reset my router in order to get it to connect to the net.i can disable my modem and then re enable it to get the internet to work to.why do i have to keep redoing this? i cant tell you the sppecifics of my computer because its a home made project.which runs everything fine its a amd k7, 1gb memmory,creative sound, oh and yeah it windows 7 enterprize

Edited by acidburned, 14 October 2009 - 08:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

when i restart win 7 i have to reset my router in order to get it to connect to the net.i can disable my modem and then re enable it to get the internet to work to.why do i have to keep redoing this? i cant tell you the sppecifics of my computer because its a home made project.which runs everything fine its a amd k7, 1gb memmory,creative sound, oh and yeah it windows 7 enterprize

When you say modem, is it a cable modem, xDSL modem, or dial-up modem? Is your computer connected directly to the modem via ethernet, or do you have a hub, switch or router as well? What is the brand and model number of the modem?

#3 acidburned

acidburned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:27 PM

dsl modem my bad.but it goes to a belkin wireless router the other is actiontec from qwest.

#4 DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:19 AM

dsl modem my bad.but it goes to a belkin wireless router the other is actiontec from qwest.

Disconnect the PC, router, and Actiontec modem from AC power. Connect your PC directly to the modem via ethernet then power up the modem first, then the PC. Over a seven day period, see if the old symptoms persist or not.

#5 acidburned

acidburned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:35 AM

thanks ill try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users