Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox >> Javascript and Adobe Flashplayer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if there is something wrong with my Firefox browser or my Adobe Flashplayer, or maybe even my Javascript stuff.

What I do know is that there are a lot of sites that I go to that tell me that I don't have JavaScript enabled or I donít have the latest version of Adobe Flashplayer.

However, I do have Javascript enabled, and I have done the "Click here to get the latest Adobe Flash player" thing several times. I have also uninstalled, downloaded, and reinstalled that flash player several times... :thumbsup: but nothing seems to work.

I'm thinking that it might be something with Firefox that is causing the problem because I can go to the same site using IE and the problem isn't there.

I remember reading where someone had a similar problem. They said they may\or may not, have fixed it by "re-registering the scripting .dll's (Start, Run, Regsvr32 vbscript.dll) (and then Start, Run, Regsvr32 jscript.dll)" but that they weren't really sure of exactly what they had done that had gotten rid of the problem.

So before I go diving in and doing something that might make my problem worse I want ask, have any of you guys had anything like this happen, and if you did, what did you do to correct the problem?

Thanks for any help.

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users