Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zekaer

Zekaer

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:33 PM

Well, I keep trying to remove a folder called "Links" in my favorites, but it keeps coming back. Any idea whats the problem??

(moderator edit: moved to more appropriate forum, added topic information. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 30 July 2005 - 12:19 AM.

What I Currently Use:
Ad-Aware SE Professional + Ad-Watch | Spybot S&D | CC Cleaner | NOD32 Antivirus System
AntiSpyware:
Ad-Aware SE Personal | Spybot S&D | Spyware Blaster | Spyware Guard
Online Virus Scanners:
Trend Micro's Housecall | Panda ActiveScan | TrojanScan | RAV | eTrust

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:52 PM

Try this:
http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_tips626.html

Hope it helps you out!

#3 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:58 PM

The links folder is a special folder that ties into both the IE toolbar and Windows taskbar. Windows will keep recreating this folder unless you edit the registry to stop it.

I personally find the links folder rather useful and I wouldn't recommend removing it. I use the links folder to keep all my favorites in so I may access them from the Links toolbar on the taskbar.

Posted Image

If you really want to remove it, you will find the instructions to do so at this link;
Modify your registry at your own risk
http://www.theeldergeek.com/remove_links_f...n_favorites.htm

As always when modifying your registry you run a risk in damaging your operating system if you make a mistake while doing so. Make a backup your registry before changing anything and be extra sure any changes you make are the correct ones or you may be doing a reformat and reinstall of your operating system.

My advice is to just leave it alone.

Edited by Ronbo, 30 July 2005 - 01:08 AM.

There is no justice, there is just us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users