Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Case?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: The best (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Cases

1. Antec Twelve Hundred (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. Cooler Master Haf 932 (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Zinus

Zinus

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

I'm trying to decide between them right now but am having a hard time of it. Antec supposidly has better air cooling, filters, and will save me alot of money not switching from red LED to blue. However, I feel like the 932 would have more ventalation, easy instiliation, along with quiter fans.

Mostly I'm need help deciding which will be better for me, thanks guys.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:55 PM

Anything by Lian Li
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:48 PM

their both good cases, though a little pricey if you ask me, I have a hard time spending more then a 100 dollars on a case, 70 is more in my idea of a good range. I voted for the coolermaster because I think it will provide slightly better cooling, though they both would be a good case, just your preference, would you rather see more of the inside or have a big fan? big fan makes better cooling but you cant see as much of the inside, while the antec case probably (im guessing) wont be able to cool as well but will look cool, and will definetly cool anything well enough I doubt youll have overheating problems with either one. for a third option here is a case that I actually just ordered, that I think actually provides better cooling then either, though you cant see in the side panels. lol. It is a coolermaster as well, and far cheaper :D http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811119137

Edited by the_patriot09, 18 October 2009 - 05:51 PM.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:40 PM

Well if you want Blue LED's I would go for the Antec cause as you already said it would save you money. If you havent noticed the CoolerMaster have the inside plastic in Red. So I would go for the Antec if your planning on modding on Blue.

I have the Coolermaster Mystique 632S and modded it on Blue. Blue with Black looks nice :D , I've just put two 12" Blue CCFL neons at the back of the screen and at the back of the case, and my room is all Blue when I switch them on :huh:

And for the cooling, Like the_patriot09 said, you will have overheating problems (as I also have). Heat is the enemy of Gaming PC's. If you want to eliminate heat, buy a water cooling kit, and buy a ticket to Alaska :thumbsup:

#5 DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:26 AM

Anything by Lian Li

Why not Lian Li?

#6 bestof

bestof

• Banned
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:20 AM

Get cooler master.

#7 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:14 AM

Get cooler master.

Just "Get Cooler Master" isnt a suitable option for the user, explain why you would get that type of case. :thumbsup:

#8 DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:09 AM

Anything by Lian Li

Why not Lian Li?

Sorry, I misread that one. I thought I saw a "but" in there.

#9 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:37 AM

Take a look at Corsair Obsidian 800D PC case. Lots of reviews. It will be my next case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users