Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! I can't Install or Uninstall Itunes!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TokioHotelFanGirl

TokioHotelFanGirl

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

First off i'm new here so don't know if I am even in the right area.
My apologies in advance if I am not.
I am trying to uninstall itunes. I get the following error.
Could not access network location :. <--yes the dots are there on my error there is no location or nothing else just the error.
Oh by the way just to give a heads up. I did delete the folder and have already removed Quicktime,Bonjour,Updater(per apple tech support) they couldn't help or figure it out. I have had this problem since install of Itunes. I was never able to update. Would give me the same error.
Thanking you in advance for any attempt at assistance.
Also, have been to microsoft and been through the fixes there regarding the hotkeys in regedit(no fix there). Still can't get it out of my system and cant re-install same error there also. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CoolCatBad

CoolCatBad

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:11 AM

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

#3 Lacey Underall

Lacey Underall

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

Hi all,
First time poster here, and I realize I'm resurrecting this thread from the dead, but it is the first time I've seen someone else having the exact same issue I am, and now the fix suggested here is no longer available!

From the Microsoft Site:

While the Windows Installer Cleanup utility resolved some installation problems, it sometimes damaged other components installed on the computer. Because of this, the tool has been removed from the Microsoft Download Center. The Fix it Solutions in this article provide the ability to fully remove Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 suites without damaging other Windows components.

Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility Pulled:
http://clubhouse.microsoft.com/Public/Post...71-491541ba8f2e

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
TIA!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users