Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer crashes, blue screen of death, anti burn led light, need help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wyked89

wyked89

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:51 PM

ok, so my comp started crashing, rebooting, and blue screen of deathing, ect.....noticed a little led light right above my ddr slots was lighting up, next to it was labeled "Anti-Burn LED". Did a little research, and all that i could come up with was the articles were saying, basically when that light is light up, do not remove or install and RAM chips while comp is on. Still a bit confused, so i swapped chips with some i knew worked and still the same symptoms, so i wipe my harddrive clean and do a complete reformat, thinking maybe it was driver or software issuses, and thus now im stuck, everytime i try to reinstall windows xp, it will freeze on me or reboot, so im at a loss, im still runnin some older stuff like socket 478 and agp videos and stuff, so any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

Please post the error message that accompanied the BSOD...that would be a help.

There are all sorts of BSODs, with varying causes and attempts to cure them.

How To Disable Automatic Restarts When Windows Crashes - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74644/how-to-disable-automatic-restarts-when-windows-crashes/

Louis

#3 wyked89

wyked89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:26 PM

well all its doing now is freezing up or rebooting before it finishes installing windows, no error msgs :thumbsup:

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:44 PM

If you do as suggested in the link I posted...you will get an error message rather than an automatic reboot.

Is there no current XP install to boot into?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users