Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDMI sound stopped after reformat

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 teenabeena

teenabeena

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:02 AM

Hello,
I have a Gateway FX gaming laptop running Vista. It has the Nvidia GeForce 9800m GTS video card. I used an HDMI cable to hook it up to my TV and was able to see and hear World of Warcraft through the TV just fine. I had some problems that required me to reformat the computer. after I went to Nvidia's website to update the driver the sound stopped working through the TV and only works through the computer. when I try to change the settings so that it will go throughthe HDMI, it says that it is not available, yet I can still see the picture through that. Is there any way to get the sound to go through the TV again? We checked the cable on our PS3 so the cable works fine. Please let me know if more information is required or you know of a next step to take.

Thank you!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:35 PM

Do you have sound at all ?

Check Device manager to see what, if any drivers are missing. These will be indicated by a ? or !.

Did you go here and follow the instructions to make sure you have all the proper drivers ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users