Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Works Word Processor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:14 PM

Hi Everyone,

I did a quick search of the forums and didn't come up with anything similar to the problem I've just started having with MS Word.

I'll be working on a document and saving my work every so often. Then all of a sudden Windows starts telling me that it can't save the file.

I goofed and didn't think quick enough to get a screen shot of that message.

However, I was able to copy past everything, from the document I was trying to save, to a new document, which is what I did as I had already had the same thing happen to me a couple of times before. Then when I clicked 'Yes' I get "This" message.

OK, so then I click 'No on exit to close the document and got "This" asking if I wanted to save the changes to the document.

Then I Just click No because that's the only option that will let me close that application. Then when I try to open it again I get "This" dreaded message.

Have any of you guys ever run into anything like this before?

It doesn't seem to matter if the document only has ten pages or if it has one hundred ten pages. Nor does it seem to matter if I have a lot of images in it or none at all

I am at a loss as to what to do to prevent this form happening in the future. At least I have a work around that I can use so as not to lose my entire document..., but this is still just a bit nerve wercking.

Thanks for any help or advice guys.

Wendy

TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:04 AM

We've had more than a few Works problems lately
You might want to look at these:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297061
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/1188
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:30 PM

Hi garmanma,

Thanks for the links. :thumbsup: I'm on my way to check them out right now.

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users