Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Belkin F5D8053 N wireless adapter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jwomble9

jwomble9

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:53 PM

From a quick Google search, there seems to be a common problem with this adapter not installing correctly. However, I haven't been able to locate a fix online. I have found that there also seems to be concensus that Belkin level 1 Tech Support can't help.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled. tried installing new drivers from Belkin.com. I've tried using the new hardware wizard to install, and each time there is a problem with the install. Sometimes I get a message about the driver not installing correctly, and then the message will be that it is not configured correctly.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem, or by chance, seen a fix?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 795 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:43 PM

The one thing USB was never designed to be used for is networking and you are at the mercy of every other USB device you may have used in the past and/or are using now. If you had another USB wireless, have you uninstalled its software? If you have retired any printers, did you uninstall their software, too? (Older Dell/Lexmark software, in particular can wreak havoc)

Once you have uninstalled any older device software (things you don't have anymore), try turning the PC off, unplugging everything else USB (except a keyboard and mouse), then fire the system up and try it again.

But; if you want reliability, get a PCI card for a desktop or a PC-Card/ExpressCard for a laptop. Then your networking won't be messing up your USB.
Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#3 jwomble9

jwomble9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

Thanks for your response, but this seems to be a product specific issue and I was wondering if anyone had managed a fix from either Belkin or Ralink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users