Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network wont connect after uninstall of zonealarm

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 diablo8413

diablo8413

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:02 PM

im i bought zonealarm last night and it wouldn't update so the tech. suport had me do a full uninstall i will copy and paste what he had me do

Shane Beach: vista

Shane Beach: sp2

Shane Beach: 32bit

Zach: Thank you.

Shane Beach: np

Zach: There are most likely still corrupted ZoneAlarm files getting left behind on your computer.

Zach: When you un-installed and re-installed before, did you use our removal tool or did you run a normal un-install?

Shane Beach: i used zone clean last night

Shane Beach: i shut down zone so it didnt start with windows then used your clen remove

Shane Beach: clean

Zach: There may have been files left behind even after using our removal tool. I suggest using our instructions to manually remove all ZoneAlarm files from your computer and then re-install a new fresh copy from our website.

Zach: Please use the print or email buttons above to save the below instructions:

Shane Beach: ok

Zach: 01.) Restart your computer

Zach: 02.) When you see the screen go black and it starts booting back up keep tapping the "F8" key (at the top of your keyboard)

Zach: 03.) This should bring up a menu. Choose Safe Mode off the menu by using the arrow keys on the keyboard to highlight Safe Mode and press Enter

Zach: 04.) If you get a message asking to go to Safe Mode, choose Yes. If you get a help and support window, close this.

Zach: 05.) Once you are at the desktop, Click Start, Computer

Zach: 06.) Click Tools, Folder Options, View Tab

Zach: NOTE: If you cannot see the menu bar with the Tools menu on it, you have to press the Alt-key on the keyboard and the menu bar should then be visible.

Zach: 07.) Place a dot next to "Show Hidden Files and Folders"

Zach: 08.) Remove the check from "Hide Protected Operating System Files (Recommended)"

Zach: 09.) Choose Yes to the warning

Zach: 10.) Click OK

Zach: 11.) Double click C:

Zach: Note: In the future steps if you do not see any files or folders, please click the "Show Files" link to view them.

Zach: 12.) Double Click the Program Files Folder

Zach: 13.) Right Click the Zone Labs Folder, click Delete, and choose Yes

Zach: NOTE: If you cannot delete the entire folder, please open the Zone Labs -> ZoneAlarm folder and delete out as many of the files listed here as possible.

Zach: 14.) Close this window

Zach: 15.) Click Start, Computer

Zach: 16.) Double Click C:

Zach: 17.) Double Click the Windows Folder

Zach: 18.) Right Click the Internet Logs Folder, click Delete, and choose Yes

Zach: 19.) Double Click the System32 Folder

Zach: 20.) Right Click the Zone Labs Folder, click Delete, and choose Yes

Zach: NOTE: If you cannot delete the entire folder, please open the Zone Labs folder and delete out as many of the files listed here as possible.

Zach: 21.) Locate and delete the following files in the System32 folder if they are present:

Zach: - vsconfig.xml

Zach: - vsxml.dll

Zach: - vsregexp.dll

Zach: - vsdata.dll

Zach: - vsdata95.vxd

Zach: - vsdatant.sys

Zach: - vsmonapi.dll

Zach: - vspubapi.dll

Zach: - vsinit.dll

Zach: - vsutil.dll

Zach: - vswmi.dll

Zach: - zlcommdb.dll

Zach: - zlcomm.dll

Zach: - zpeng24.dll or zpeng25.dll

Zach: 22.) Clear your Temp Directory per the instructions below.

Zach: - Go to Start -> Run

Zach: - Type %temp% and click OK

Zach: - Select all of these files and delete them

Zach: 23.) Clear the Prefetch folder per the instructions below.

Zach: - Go to Start -> Run

Zach: - Type Prefetch and click OK

Zach: - Select all of these files and delete them

Zach: NOTE: If you do not have the Run option on the Start menu, you can press and hold the Windows logo key and tap the letter R .

Zach: 24.) Remove the necessary registry entries:

Zach: *Important Advisory: Deleting registry entries incorrectly may cause serious problems to your operating system, which may necessitate the need to reinstall it. Please make sure you are able to perform these deletions correctly before you decide to edit the entries. If you are not sure, you should seek help from someone who is familiar with editing the registry.

Zach: For information about how to edit the registry in Windows, from your desktop, click Start -> Run -> and type regedit. Click on Help -> Help Topics. Under the Contents tab, click Change Keys and Values (this may be found under the How to... section).

Zach: Also, you should always make a backup of the registry before editing it. You can find this in the same section of the Help files.

Zach: To remove the needed registry entries, go to Start -> Run and type in regedit. Choose OK, and use the folders on the left side of the Registry Editor window to navigate to the specified directories below. Note that you will remove the entire folder specified (eg. Zone Labs, vsmon, vsdatant):

Zach: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Zone Labs

Zach: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\vsmon

Zach: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\vsdatant

Zach: 25.) Close this window, then empty your recycle bin.

Zach: 26.) Restart the computer.

Zach: 27.) Try to install the latest version again.

Zach: NOTE - Links to sites other than ZoneAlarm.com are provided for the convenience of our users. ZoneAlarm does not provide, and is not responsible for, the content users may find on such sites.

ok now after i did all he told me to my laptop wont connect to the internet i downloaded new drivers for network card on my other computer and installed them on my laptop but still nothing. i was just wondering if someone could help me i went back to them but he just told me its my computer and he cant help me so now im on my own plz help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 diablo8413

diablo8413
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:18 PM

Well i just Reinstalled the program i downloaded it on my other computer and put on disk now my internet is workin so i don't know why but maybe some one can let me know if its goin to do this if i ever want to get rid of zone??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users