Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ANTIVIRUS PRO 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 vaughnjames

vaughnjames

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:51 PM

I am infected the the ANTIVIRUS PRO 2010, none of my malware programs will run, Please this is my friends PC. I cleaned it once then was testing it, I loaded AVAST, but by the time i had the alarm from AVAST this virus was loaded,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:33 PM

We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepeal
  • Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract RootRepeal.exe from the archive (If you did not use the "Direct Download" mirror).
  • Open Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Click the Posted Image tab.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Check all seven boxes: Posted Image
  • Push Ok
  • Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.
  • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan completes, push the Posted Image button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 vaughnjames

vaughnjames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:23 PM

I would like to clearify, when it state to direct down load. this mean to directly down load on the infected PC, not to down load lets say on a flash drive or an external hard drive, corrct? I am asking because, when booting from shut down it tells me to input my disk, everytime I boot this infected PC even when trying to boot in safe mode, it tells me I can not. it tells me to boot back to the previously working safe session (windows normal). i am afraid that evertime I boot in the mode and bring up the desk top the virus might damage even more hard drive. Am I way out on my thinking?? I also forgot to mention this is Windows XP Home

Edited by vaughnjames, 14 October 2009 - 02:30 PM.

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:15 PM

You use this product in normal mode. In order to see if this is a rootkit, or something lighter, you need to at least run this scan. If you wish to transfer the file to your computer via flash drive, that is fine too. I would run this procedure on your flash drive from a clean computer first though.

Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Hold down the Shift key when inserting the drive until Windows detects it to keep autorun.inf from executing if it is present.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: As part of its routine, Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that was plugged in when you ran it. Do not delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection by keeping the autorun file from being installed on the root drive and running other malicious files.

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#5 vaughnjames

vaughnjames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:20 PM

ok i am unable to attach or paste the document

#6 vaughnjames

vaughnjames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:23 PM

#7 vaughnjames

vaughnjames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:24 PM

#8 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:21 AM

Can you take a screen shot of the window?

#9 vaughnjames

vaughnjames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:03 PM

Sorry for the delay in getting back. while I was having trouble. I went to the Bleeping Computer web site on another PC. and found the trouble shooting guide, The first time I ram malware, I ran it in full scan, your guide stated to run in fast scan, I did this first, which removed some of the viruses, then I was able to run a full scan and removed a few more, then I ran the update for Malware, then ran another full scan, and seems Antivurs Pro 2010 has been removed, OK I have figrued it out. here is my Rot Repeal,, adn also my log for the Malware. Can you take a look and see if there is anything else I need to do just in case this virus has some more hdden files. Oh on the malware log, not sure which of the two on the 16th was first and which two of the 17th was first. All I know is that I redid the steps and from what I can tell this virus has been removed. Thanks in advanced....

ROOTREPEAL © AD, 2007-2009
==================================================
Scan Start Time: 2009/10/14 23:06
Program Version: Version 1.3.5.0
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
==================================================

Drivers
-------------------
Name: dump_atapi.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\dump_atapi.sys
Address: 0xEE2DE000 Size: 98304 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: dump_WMILIB.SYS
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\dump_WMILIB.SYS
Address: 0xF7BEA000 Size: 8192 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: rootrepeal[1].sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rootrepeal[1].sys
Address: 0xB8649000 Size: 49152 File Visible: No Signed: -

Hidden/Locked Files
-------------------
Path: C:\hiberfil.sys

==EOF==

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36
Database version: 2079
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

10/16/2009 10:52:55 PM
mbam-log-2009-10-16 (22-52-55).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 83491
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 13 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 3
Registry Values Infected: 4
Registry Data Items Infected: 3
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\6to4 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\6to4 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\6to4 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\svchost (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load\scui.cpl (Hijack.SecurityCenter) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load\wscui.cpl (Hijack.SecurityCenter) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\ForceClassicControlPanel (Hijack.ControlPanelStyle) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\6to4v32.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\FInstall.sys (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

10/16/2009 11:56:04 PM
mbam-log-2009-10-16 (23-56-04).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 147019
Time elapsed: 50 minute(s), 55 second(s)

Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 3
Files Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

5/17/2009 10:13:13 PM
mbam-log-2009-05-17 (22-13-13).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 156110
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 26 minute(s), 33 second(s)

Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\rqux.fkx (Trojan.Daonol) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 2973

10/17/2009 1:51:15 PM
mbam-log-2009-10-17 (13-51-15).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 169470
Time elapsed: 7 hour(s), 28 minute(s), 5 second(s)

Registry Keys Infected: 3
Registry Values Infected: 10
Registry Data Items Infected: 4
Folders Infected: 2
Files Infected: 14

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AntivirusPro_2010 (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AntivirusPro_2010 (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\isasdk (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load\scui.cpl (Hijack.SecurityCenter) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load\wscui.cpl (Hijack.SecurityCenter) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\WINID (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\ForceClassicControlPanel (Hijack.ControlPanelStyle) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\FirstInstallFlag (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\uid (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\UpdateNew (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\mserv (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ternb (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\terna (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\aux (Trojan.JSRedir.H) -> Bad: (C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\..\rqux.fkx) Good: (wdmaud.drv) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\AntivirusPro_2010 (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\AntivirusPro_2010 (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\dslagxb.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\TempFile(1).exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\TempFile(4).exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\HXGJHPYC\(SC)[1].(N) (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\isasdk.sys (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsm32.sys (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\_scui.cpl (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AntivirusPro_2010\AntivirusPro_2010.cfg (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\AntivirusPro_2010\AntivirusPro_2010.lnk (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\AntivirusPro_2010\Uninstall.lnk (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ywynyza.reg (Rogue.AntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\certstore.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\AntivirusPro_2010.lnk (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\AntivirusPro_2010.lnk (Rogue.AntiVirusPro2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#10 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:39 AM

You have an older version of Malwarebytes. Please update it and rescan. It should clean a lot better with the updated definitions.

#11 vaughnjames

vaughnjames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:10 PM

You are saying that there is a newer version than 1.41, I updated to 1.41 back on the 18th, Malware org has another updated one now??

#12 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:40 AM

I missed the updated version noted in your last log. The above logs had 1.36 on them.

Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.

Please download DrWeb-CureIt and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:
  • Double-click on launch.exe to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version
  • Read the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
  • The Express scan will automatically begin.
    (This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
  • If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
  • If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All. (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
  • After the Express Scan is finished, put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
  • In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and unheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Apply, Ok.
  • Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
  • Please be patient as this scan could take a long time to complete.
  • When the scan has finished, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
  • Click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
  • In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
  • Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
  • Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
  • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

#13 vaughnjames

vaughnjames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:59 PM

I am so sorry for the late reply, I finally saved the above file to my desk top. but am unable to boot up in Safe mode, I can only boot in Normal mode.

#14 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:40 PM

Let's hold then with Dr.Web

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Then run
I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  • Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Posted Image to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Push the Start button.
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Push Posted Image

#15 vaughnjames

vaughnjames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:14 AM

I am so so sorry, I went to another pc help site, and there suggestion was tostart in safe mode. so I went to msconfig and set PC to start in safe mode. Now I am out of luck, unless I restore with a F11 and create a back up and restore to basic operating system. My PC will not boot in any of the safe mode selections nor in normal mode either, I thought I could go into the HARD dirve settings and change or remove the safe mode setting on start up. I guess not.. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. and I PROMISE, I WIll listen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users