Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Diamondcs TDS-3 no more

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 oldsoldier

oldsoldier

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:16 PM

I have been using the TDS-3 Professional anti-trojan programme, and because there have been no updates since 21.7.2005, I enquired why.

Diamondcs explains that the programme has been withdrawn, [since 21.7.2005].

As a compensation package, the TDS-3 licensed operators have been offered a 'free license' for either the Diamondcs ProcessGuard or Diamondcs Port Explorer programmes.

>FREE SOFTWARE offer to TDS3 registered users
We encourage all TDS3 registered users to take advantage of our new special offer! Yes we're giving away FREE licenses to your choice of our award-winning Port Explorer or ProcessGuard. If you already own both of those we'll even create a key for a friend of your choice! Simply email sales@diamondcs.com.au, and include your registration name, registration email address, and TDS3 keyfile (tds3.kf) for cross-reference authentication.<

I have accepted the offer of a 'free' ProcessGuard license.

TDS-3 was hailed as one of the best trojan hunters. That is why I bought it. But it is annoying that Diamondcs did not email all of its TDS-3 licensed operators and tell them that the programme had been withdrawn, or was being withdrawn. Though Diamondcs explains that other programmes are as good as TDS-3, and in many cases even better in dealing with trojans, I am concerned that Diamondcs customers were not given the opportunity to take steps to protect their computers, once the decision to withdraw TDS-3 had been made.

What do you think of ProcessGuard ? Is it any good ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users