Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

toshiba hddr160e03x

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tejay520

Tejay520

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

Hello everyone. :thumbsup:

I just joined and hope anyone could help me with this usb ext hdd. I am currently using Win XP SP3 and tried almost everything that has to do with the usb root. PC inspector, unintalled the drivers and even deleted the reg. for the usb toshiba hddr160e03x. Toshiba is a plug and play device so i shouldnt be having this much trouble. There are very important files on this toshiba hddr160e03x so when i plug in the usb, it doesnt show in device mgr. The LED light shows on but the computers dont sync or even notice its plugged in. I have had usb devices before that had simular problems but this is to important to give up on. Please help my business files are on this toshiba hddr160e03x and its not responding.

:huh:

thx

Tejay520

Edited by Tejay520, 12 October 2009 - 02:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,236 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:39 PM

Worth reading: General USB Problems in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310575, scroll down to Remove And Reinstall All USB Controllers.

Louis

#3 Tejay520

Tejay520
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:40 PM

Thx but i already tried this article. Thats why I joined this community. :thumbsup:

Edited by Tejay520, 12 October 2009 - 07:40 PM.

#4 Tejay520

Tejay520
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:50 PM

:thumbsup: Nevermind. THX. Think toshiba hddr160e03x was dropped a foot off the ground. How do i hook up this drive to a computer as a slave drive or recover data? :huh:

Edited by Tejay520, 12 October 2009 - 11:52 PM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,236 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

If the hard drive is damaged...dropping can do that...any attempt to recover data may be in vain.

Step one would be to remove the actual hard drive from the enclosure.

Step two would be to insert attach the hard drive into another enclosure or docking station...and see if the data on it can be accessed.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....410%20-%20%2425

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users