Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some programs won't connect or update

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Iownyoujk

Iownyoujk

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:38 PM

Whenever I try to update a program like Malwarebytes or try to recieve updates for a game, it says it is unable to connect for updates or timeout was reached. How can I make it so my malwarebytes and my games will update. My antivirus is avast, and it updates when it needs to, so it's not blocked. Which I think avast might be doing it, but I don't know how I can change the options or how I can allows those programs to update and connect. Can anyone help me with this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 akuigla

akuigla

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

Hi,
Untill some expert find a time to respond,this is what I will do
Run disk cleanup and check disk.To do this go to my computer,right click on os:(C )click properties and select disk cleanup.Follow the sugestions.Then click on same properties,click tools and select a check now.Select both boxes.Reboot and dick check will be performed
Run Eset online scanner and let it remove anything it finds.
Go to Sophos,com and download Sophos Anti-rootkit.Run it and afterwards Run AFT by Atribune with default settings.

Edited by akuigla, 12 October 2009 - 02:58 PM.

If you give a fish to a hungry man,you have feed him for one day.If you teach a man how to fish,you have feed him for the whole life!

#3 Iownyoujk

Iownyoujk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:42 PM

Thanks for the tip :huh: but sadly most of my programs still can't seem to connect, does anybody have any other suggestions?

#4 akuigla

akuigla

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:10 AM

Hi,
Can you provide some feedback?What did you do and are you able to update any of your programs?
It is difficult to proceed without more data.
Maybe you have insecure programs.To make sure that all of your programs are secure,go to secunia.com and download PSI-the personal software inspector.Run it and post the findings here so other people with the same problem are able to see.
Sometimes helps to uninstall the programs which wont update and install the same programs again.But,I repeat,it will be easier to continue with feedback :huh:
If you give a fish to a hungry man,you have feed him for one day.If you teach a man how to fish,you have feed him for the whole life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users