Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blocked Program

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lazj

lazj

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:46 PM

I purchased a screensaver diskette a few years ago and it worked fine. I recently purchased a new computer. I tried to install the screensaver diskette but I get a window that states "Illegal Install"
"Diskette is not original copy" I tried to contact the company I purchased it from but they are out of business. The company was Soft World's Fair. Is there a way to unlock the data on the diskette? :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NullWolf

NullWolf

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 27 August 2005 - 12:51 PM

Usually there's a text file or somthing that was written to when you used it previously that basically tells it that you've used it already.

Extreamely low-level copy protection.

Couldn't give you an exact solution for this specific thing, but just general knowledge.
May want to google the problem.

Edited by NullWolf, 27 August 2005 - 12:51 PM.

NullWolf
http://booth.trefreds.net
Jack of All, Master of Nothing
Baron of Googling
Posted Image

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 29 August 2005 - 06:16 PM

Try opening the floppy and see what files are in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users