Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't run AVG, malwarebytes (zztoy), hijackthis,

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 imidazol97

imidazol97

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:08 AM

I had a generic trojan14.cagg last night along with a heur1 in a name that AVG caught but didn't handle. AVG couldn't show Virus Vault-said it couldn't initialize to see it.

Can't run SpybotSD, malwarebytes, hijackthis. Was able to run a gmer file but I had to get it on the computer by CD. Spybotsd says I don't have permission.

Some websites get diverted like trying to go to Spybot's website and adaware (lavasoft) to junk sites.

Safe mode won't work. Restores didn't work last night.

Help. Where can I start.

Windows XP Pro SP2 desktop.

Edited by imidazol97, 12 October 2009 - 11:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bradumd

bradumd

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:37 PM

When you say none of those anti-virus programs can run, what exactly do you mean? Explain the problem in more depth.

Same with safe mode and the system restore. When you say they don't work, exactly how do they not work?

Edited by bradumd, 12 October 2009 - 12:38 PM.

#3 imidazol97

imidazol97
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:08 PM

When you say none of those anti-virus programs can run, what exactly do you mean? Explain the problem in more depth.

Same with safe mode and the system restore. When you say they don't work, exactly how do they not work?

AVG won't start. It just ignores the scan button.

In safe mode the AVG there comes up with the dos box, but doesn't run when told to scan.

Spybotsd says it doesn't have permission to run.

Malwarebits opens a black dos box and closes immediately. Box is empty.

GERM did run and I saved the text output. I had to put GERM on a CD to load onto the computer; downloading it ended up with a file that wouldn't run.

DDS wouldn't run even when moved on from a CD.

Housecall doesn't run, new version beta or the old version.

Pandasoftware active scan is running but gave an error at the beginning.
It's currently scanning.

Rootkit buster by trendmicro ran but then didn't run because it doesn't have permission or whatever exactly the text of the box says.

Edited by imidazol97, 12 October 2009 - 01:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users