Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need beginners image program

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dtop

dtop

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Location:Moon Township, PA (Near the Pittsburgh International Airport
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:47 PM

I don't know if this is the right topic for this forum, but here goes. I have been in a fantasy football league for three years and you can summit a banner for each team. I have tried every year to find a beginners site which I can accomplish this, but I have had no success. The banner has to be a GIF file, 400 pixels wide by 48 high. it also has to be a file 17k or less. Does anyone know of a site with easy instructions so I can make these banners? :thumbsup:
Thank You

Mod Edit: This will be moved to a more appropriate Forum.

Edited by Scarlett, 29 July 2005 - 03:20 PM.

Have a great day,
Dtop

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:17 PM

Can i suggest you post this Here instead.

#3 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:42 PM

Have you tried GIMP? It's not too hard to learn and it's free!
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#4 dtop

dtop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2005 - 06:11 PM

is that the site that offers the free software?? I put a search in for GIMP.com and a lot of sites came up. Could you direct me??
thank you, :thumbsup:
Have a great day,
Dtop

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 29 July 2005 - 06:13 PM

http://www.gimp.org/
Now I do not know anything about GIMP. So I can't say if it is right for a begginer.
If you decide to use it. You may want to start another topic, for any questions, you may have.

You could also try this:

http://www.bannermakerpro.com/

What is Banner Maker Pro?

Banner Maker Pro is software that quickly (and easily!) allows you to create web-based banner ads, web buttons, animated gifs, logos, image ads and other web graphics. It's not just for banners! It's an animated banner ad maker, button maker, and logo maker all in one.

By using a wizard-like interface, Banner Maker Pro allows you to easily create professional looking banners, buttons, and graphics for web pages in just minutes. Simply follow the tabs at the top of the program to go step-by-step in the image making process. When you have completed the image, just save it as a GIF or JPEG and add it to your website.

Create an animated banner or button in under 5 minutes! No graphics expertise needed.

Edited by Scarlett, 29 July 2005 - 06:19 PM.

Posted Image

#6 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:35 AM

Pixia
Which you can get here:
http://park18.wakwak.com/~pixia/index.html

Can be described as a watered down photoshop, its awesome.

#7 dtop

dtop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:35 PM

Thank you for all the help. I visited the three sites that were recommended to me. The two I didn't think I could handle them as a beginner. Even though the other two were free, I purchased the download from BannerMakerPro which Scarlett recommended. I have already made two banners for my teams. The program goes step by step and it is easy. The only thing I didn't see is caricatures or emblems that you can include on the banners.
Thank you, :thumbsup:
Have a great day,
Dtop

#8 Deadriel

Deadriel

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:43 AM

If you need spacific logos that are unique to your team
shoot me an e-mail with a discription and I will make them...

Edited by Deadriel, 03 August 2005 - 01:44 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users